Pages

Wednesday, January 11, 2017

A Day to Bid Farewell to a Beautiful Soul

What would you do when one day you wake up to a news you had never ever expected to hear too soon?

...like the death of someone you love so dearly whom you just have spent some quality time a day ago?

As for me, I wouldn't know how to handle it because it's easy to say to stay calm and strong but you'd never know emotions when you're facing the real thing. I faced four deaths of my loved ones and I faced them differently which I think depended on my age when they happened and the cause of their deaths.

The reason of this serious topic is that today, we woke up with a sad news. A woman who was deeply loved and known by many was taken from us. She was full of life and she's the least that I expect to be gone too soon. So many are grieving for her passing and it's enough for anyone to say she is dearly loved by a lot of people. And she is loved because she had touched these people's lives in some way, including mine.

When you're from here, it's hard not to know her. I was with her several years ago as a volunteer nurse and in some instances when my kids were sick and needed to be confined in the hospital. She was there, the nurse.

So right here in my little nook, I'm grieving. Grieving for the passing of someone whom I know was full of vigor and enthusiasm in everything. She might had been mouthy at times but that was part of being her--mouthy, loving, caring, helpful and full of life--packaged as one awesome Tita Su. You might had not like her the first instant you meet, but you had to read through her or be with her most of the time and you'd discover you're spending time with one of the most wonderful woman and mother on earth.

I'm also grieving for the people who, now and for the rest of their lives, feel that a great part of their hearts has been emptied from her passing.

It's easy to say strong and to look at the brighter side of things, but it is never easy to do.

Perhaps the most that I can do for now is pray for the family to get through this hard time. Some whys may not be answered, but somehow hearts can heal in due time. Well, after all we'll be meeting her and all our lost loved ones someday.





1 comment:

  1. May she find peace in Heaven sis. Words can not condole the family but prayers can help them with their grieving. I should know because when my mother died, I can't hear anything but only my heart grieving in silence. Death is always a sad event for people left but we should be happier because their soul will finally find peace in Heaven.

    ReplyDelete