Pages

Tuesday, June 6, 2017

First Day of School as a Now-Homeschooling Family

Right after waking up this morning, I immediately talked to Kristoff about the homeschool setup and if he likes to go to trad school where he'll meet his friends and classmates. I was asking a sign from God, an answer to my heavy heart. It felt like my mind was on its own battle to homeschool or not even when I was sleeping.

I asked Kristoff multiple times so that I'd get the true answer, the one that's really from his heart. We couldn't pursue homeschooling when he's not really into it. But he said yes directly and clearly saying he doesn't like going to trad school. Mark and I discussed it again and so we both decided to continue our homeschooling journey.

The books that I ordered from Learning Plus have not arrived yet, so we only made do with what we have.

In the morning, we read the story of The Fox and The Stork from Aesop's Fables and did some crossword puzzle with the new words found on the story. I observed the story reading didn't interest him much because his mind was on the book of bugs we found on our collection. Nevertheless, we continued so that he will get used to it. In the middle of this activity, he mentioned out of the blue that he likes us to make a book. (And a bright idea came up!)

He also practiced reading syllables.



We spent most of the afternoon outside tending the garden. He, Liam and their girl cousin were allowed to help but somehow they busied themselves chasing butterflies, catching grasshoppers, playing with worms and observing a caterpillar (putting it on a nice leaf).



When I saw them enjoying the afternoon and feeding their curiosity, it reaffirmed the feeling that we're on the better choice, for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment